Dear Murujuga/Burrup/FARA supporters,
So sorry to blitz you so soon after the last newsletter, but we would appreciate your support at this crucial time:
- FARA’s AGM CANCELLED
1.30 pm Saturday 21 March, Robin Chapple’s office, 41 Havelock St, West Perth. Piers Verstegen of CCWA will advise us on what strategies are available to us as a lobby group; followed by afternoon tea.
- Make a submission on reforming the Federal Govt’s Environmental Protection & Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC), which will help save the irreplaceable rock art, as well as threatened species and habitats.
- Individual submissions really count – your voice is vital to strengthen the EPBC.
- Due 17 April: Make a submission
- Ideas on what to include: the need for cumulative accounting of impacts like industrial emissions, better environmental impact assessment, independent decision-making based on data, and more.
- More good ideas from the Wilderness Society and Environmental Defenders Office
- 2020 Burrup Tour:
Saturday 1 to Sunday 9 August:
please spread the word!
- Burrup Hub Bill – Shine a Spotlight on Parliament
Tuesday 10 March, 2-8pm
- Rally in your FARA T-shirt outside WA Parliament as Robin Chapple delivers a marathon speech inside denouncing Woodside’s monstrous Burrup Hub LNG mega-project, the most polluting project ever proposed in Australia, *four times* bigger than Adani and the equivalent of 35 new coal-fired power stations.Woodside’s supporters in State Parliament would like this bill to slip under the radar, but it will lock in the Burrup Hub’s 6 billion tons of CO2 emissions out to 2059! — now is the time to act!
- Although the newspapers, the government, and the companies backing it aren’t talking about it, we can make them! On Tuesday 10th March we will be outside Parliament making sure that everyone knows what’s going on behind closed doors as the bill is debated. We need to talk about this Bill so everyone in WA and Australia knows about it. The Burrup Hub project will sink or swim this year – and we can disrupt it. [Event organisers: Extinction Rebellion]
Judith Hugo & Marie Ferland, Co-convenors
Friends of Australian Rock Art (FARA)
0439 090 321